Monday, November 29, 2010

First "Real" Christmas Tree

Hiking through the snow to find our Christmas Tree

 We found one!

Having fun with Daddy

 Daddy said he found a new hood ornament for our car....

Daddy and Mommy announced yesterday morning that we were going to start a new Christmas tradition and drive up to the mountains and pick out a Christmas tree. No more fake Christmas trees for the Hoffman family! Mommy dressed me in my much too small snow suit. I told her I better get a new one this week or else….We hiked around and it wasn’t long before we found our Christmas tree! Daddy forged through really deep snow to get it. I can’t wait until I can walk and stomp through the snow with him.
Mommy and Daddy decided to stop at the North Bend Outlet mall after we found our tree. As we were driving through the parking lot, they commented that a group of people were laughing and pointing at us. Then, when we parked a guy and his wife started laughing at us too! He gave us a thumbs up and then said, “Way to go on your Christmas tree! Did you go the tree farm and ask them to give you their best one?” Mommy and Daddy jumped out of the car and to their horror, realized that a lot of the needles had flown off while Daddy was driving. Daddy showed me the tree and I was shocked. It was really pathetic looking. They debated on whether they should go get another one and then I heard them mention a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree. I’m not sure what that is, but I’m hoping one day I will get to see one! Daddy told me we were going to take the long way home otherwise we wouldn’t have any needles left on the tree. I am teething really bad right now and I let him know I was NOT happy about that decision. We finally made it home and Mommy took me upstairs. Daddy said he was going to stay outside for awhile and give our Christmas tree a makeover. I’m excited to see what it will look like after he‘s done!

3 comments:

  1. Precious! Lovin' these posts! Also, Gideon, you make the cutest hood ornament EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy brings a smile to my face every time I see him. =)

    ReplyDelete